Love This Moment

2014-2015

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Announcements

So I know everyone's waiting for the announcement of the big musical. And we don't have anything to announce yet, but I will say that we are definitely many steps closer. :-) Any way, I just wanted to build the suspense a little more by letting you know that there will be 3 other announcements made right around the same time as the musical. One is the Shakespeare ensemble scene (which I may have just figured out tonight...), and another is the play that we will be taking to the Region/State One-Act Competition. I don't usually announce that at this stage in the game, but I'm pretty positive I know what it is. And thirdly, I am excited to announce that we will be presenting 2 full-length straight plays in the early spring. They both will be open to the entire student body to audition for. I'm hoping this will give more kids an opportunity to get involved (since "Martyr's Crossing" is a fairly small cast). One will be performed in the Little Theatre, and one will be performed in the auditorium. One will be directed by myself, and one will be directed by Hillcrest's new drama teacher Mr. Brewster (who is awesome and you are going to love him I'm certain). One will be "Martyr's Crossing," and one will be...well, see that's the other announcement we will make later. So that's, count them, 4 major announcements coming your way soon. And just cause I think it would be cool, I will probably save them all for the same day. Any way, hope you're prepping for auditions. Carry on with your summer. :-)

No comments: